If you need to terminate your lease early, GTL's standard lease allows this, but it can be expensive. Here are the details...
Sometimes things come up in life that require you to move before you were planning. GTL understands this, so we want to accommodate those needs, but we also have to make sure that our landlord clients are protected, as an unplanned vacancy is very expensive for them. As a result, terminating a lease early is expensive, but it can be done. Here is what's required:
- You must provide a minimum of two (2) full calendar months' notice; this means the month in which you give notice is NOT counted; if you give notice on January 15th, for example, then you must remain responsible for the property thru the end of March.
- At the time you give notice, you must pay all of the following:
- Liquidated damages in an amount equal to two (2) full months' rent
- An additional $250 Early Lease Termination Admin Fee
- If these amounts are not already paid when the notice is received, then the notice will be rejected and you will have to submit another notice after making payment.
- In addition to the above amounts, you will also have to pay:
- Your normal rent and other monthly charges thru the early termination date; and
- You will forfeit your Security Deposit in full.
- If you need to actually vacate prior to the two full month termination date, then you will still need to pay everything that would have come due during that time period, and you will have to keep the utilities on and paid current.
In order to request an early termination, please fill out and submit this form. Remember to pay the amounts that you owe for the early termination first.