Your management agreement includes a requirement to list GTL Real Estate as an additional insured party on your landlord's insurance policy for your property that we manage. This is to ensure that we are covered in case of a tenant lawsuit related to your property, but also to ensure that it's easy for us to deal directly with the insurance company if there is a claim related to your property.
Some insurance companies will not list a real estate brokerage as additional insured, so it's important to make sure that your insurer will do so prior to signing a new policy. To the best of our knowledge, the following companies will comply:
- American Family Insurance - uses the additional insured endorsement BP 04 02 01 06
- American National - uses the additional insured endorsement SD 9041 0989
- Century National - uses the additional insured endorsement codes DL-2410 and DP-0441
- CSE - uses the endorsement code D041ST1
- Farmers - GTL should be listed on the "Policy Endorsements" page
- First American - The property manager needs to be listed on the second page of the declarations under Additional Interest/Additional Insured with the words “Addtl Insrd” next to their company name
- Foremost - policy code 5246
- Liberty Mutual - uses code HO O4 41 04 91
- SafeCo - instruct them to use the code "EL - Extended Liability"
- State Farm - uses the endorsement code: “Option AI” and the declaration page should list the property management company as “Additional Insured-Section II only”
- Travelers - "additional insured" box must be checked by GTL's name
- USAA - uses the additional insured endorsement DP-41
To submit your proof of insurance with GTL named as additional insured, please use this form.